Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Birds of the Same Nest

"We are the birds of the same nest,
We may wear different skins,
We may speak different languages,
We may believe in different religions,
We may belong to different cultures,
Yet we share the same home - OUR EARTH.
Born on the same planet
Covered by the same skies
Gazing at the same stars
Breathing the same air
We must learn to happily progress together
Or miserably perish together,
For man can live individually,
But can survive only collectively."--Atharva Veda

2 comments:

KateGladstone said...

On your blog I've ve noted the quotation about " ... birds of the same nest ... (etc.)", and have seen your statement that the quote comes from the Atharva-Veda.

However, I cannot find that quote in any Atharva-Veda printing or on-line Atharva-Veda that I have checked.

Therefore, I would very much like to know where in the Atharva-Veda you found that "birds of the same nest" passage (what section, what sub-section, and so on) and which
Atharva-Veda printing (or on-line edition) you used.

Enchanted Forrest said...

Kate,
Thanks for your comment. This quote was sent to me by a friend and unfortunately I didn't not verify it's source. I did do a quick search and found multiple other references to it. All listing the same source. Here are a few examples of what I found.
Sue
http://www.mountainman.com.au/news98_h.htm
http://stanford.wellsphere.com/complementary-alternative-medicine-article/compilation-on-pseudarthria-viscida-on-ayurvedic-view-point/402538
http://www.icforum.org/Reports.html